Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Little Drops of Awesome





So about four months ago I came across another blog post, which I will reference in a little while called, "Drops Of  Awesome". 

I feel like the mom in that blog is me. I think we can all relate.

This past Sunday, our lesson in Relief Society touched on this concept. We were talking about the commandment to become perfect like our Savior and the teacher (who was awesome) asked in what way can we be perfect now. Someone suggest tithing. Ok, that's one. But seriously, I can't think of any other ways in which we could even hope to be perfect. Yet even in tithing...do you know how many times I forget the check or cash at home?? I seem to always have a zillion things on my plate at once. Sometimes I can steal away to go home and retrieve it. Sometimes I can't. So...I'm not really perfect even in paying tithing, all though we do end up full tithe payers at the end of the year...but I'm not perfect in getting it in there exactly after pay day...see not perfect. Geez I wish the Church took automatic payment and I could schedule it. LOL! Even then, I would probably forget to schedule it every now and again. That's just me.

And then someone in the class brought up this blog post again. The Drops of Awesome. Yes, we can be perfect, even if its only little drops at a time. Right now I'm perfect being kind and patient. But if my kids get out of bed one more time tonight....well I was perfect for a little while there. :)

I think it important to remember that it is through the Atonement of Jesus Christ that we are made perfect. I think this sister's analogy perfectly describes how the Atonement makes up the difference.

I hope you will take a moment to read this post. It is beautiful!

http://www.daringyoungmom.com/2012/12/19/drops-of-awesome/

There are little moments every day where we are perfect. It's important to recognize those moments and give ourselves credit for trying our best.

I love what was said in Priesthood Session of Conference by Elder Uchtdorf:

It can be discouraging at times to know what it means to be a son (or daughter) of God and yet come up short. The adversary likes to take advantage of these feelings. Satan would rather that you define yourself by your sins instead of your divine potential. Brethren, don’t listen to him.
 
We have all seen a toddler learn to walk. He takes a small step and totters. He falls. Do we scold such an attempt? Of course not. What father would punish a toddler for stumbling? We encourage, we applaud, and we praise because with every small step, the child is becoming more like his parents.
Now, brethren, compared to the perfection of God, we mortals are scarcely more than awkward, faltering toddlers. But our loving Heavenly Father wants us to become more like Him, and, dear brethren, that should be our eternal goal too. God understands that we get there not in an instant but by taking one step at a time.
 
I do not believe in a God who would set up rules and commandments only to wait for us to fail so He could punish us. I believe in a Heavenly Father who is loving and caring and who rejoices in our every effort to stand tall and walk toward Him. Even when we stumble, He urges us not to be discouraged—never to give up or flee our allotted field of service—but to take courage, find our faith, and keep trying.
 
Our Father in Heaven mentors His children and often sends unseen heavenly help to those who desire to follow the Savior.
 
 
I think this last sentence is just amazing...He often sends unseen heavenly help to those that desire to follow the Savior...
 
I know this to be true.
 
I also know that as children...yes literal children of God, we should ask for help from our Father. He wants us to make and keep our covenants with Him, so that He can bless us. If this is the sincere desire of our hearts, and we pray for it, then He will send us help!
 
I know this to be true and I bear this witness in His name.
 
Good night, beautiful Relief Society Sisters! (and brothers, if you're out there) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment